San Antonio Christian School Announces Partnership With TSAOG Orthopaedics to Keep Student Athletes Healthy and In the Game
TSAOG Will be the Team’s Official Orthopaedic Provider
San Antonio – December 12th, 2019 –– San Antonio Christian School (SACS) announced today that TSAOG Orthopaedics (formerly the San Antonio Orthopaedic Group) will be the team’s official orthopaedic provider for the next three years.
“This partnership is truly based upon our desire to have the best possible medical care for our student-athletes” said Brandon Parrott, Athletic Director for San Antonio Christian School. “The knowledge and experience that TSAOG Orthopaedics has will be utilized daily by our coaches, strength and conditioning coordinators, and athletic training staff to improve our student-athletes’ health and performance.”
Parrot continued, saying, “While competing, SACS athletes will be monitored by some of the top sports medicine professionals in the country, but the reach of this program extends throughout the entire SACS community. On campus clinics, parent seminars, coaching seminars, and the development of a student athletic training course are now possible thanks to the support of TSAOG.”
“TSAOG Orthopaedics is excited to partner with San Antonio Christian School (SACS),” said TSAOG sports medicine specialist Dr. Clayton Nuelle.
“SACS has a tremendous reputation throughout San Antonio for excellence in the classroom, on the field, and in the community and we are looking forward to helping keep SACS athletes and their families healthy so they can continue these endeavors. As an athlete myself growing up, our school had a similar relationship with a health care group that helped get us back on the field quickly after injuries. My experience with the physicians who took care of our teams was my first exposure to sports medicine and it inspired me to become a physician (and ultimately an orthopaedic surgeon) myself. We hope to have a similar impact on the young athletes at SACS and we believe it will be a tremendous partnership for everyone involved.”
Dr. David Espinoza, TSAOG sports medicine primary care specialist, added, “whether SACS student-athletes go on to play collegiate and professional athletics, or become renowned professionals in any respective field, ensuring that they receive proper, well-rounded health care while at SACS can go a long way toward shaping their bright futures.”
In addition to their presence on the sidelines at games, TSAOG orthopaedic staff will be involved with SACS behind the scenes in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing physician medical coverage for all home games and sponsored events.
- Providing a physician in the training room weekly and physician consultations during practices.
- Holding educational sessions for SACS coaches and staff. These sessions will focus on injury prevention and the recognition and treatment of sports-related injuries.
- Arranging CPR training and certification for SACS personnel.
About San Antonio Christian School: San Antonio Christian School (SACS) is a non-denominational Christian school with small class sizes, a wide range of art programs and extracurricular activities, and a passionate following for Lions athletics. It provides its students with a wide range of athletics opportunities, a band and music program, award winning art classes, state and nationally recognized journalism classes, and a highly skilled drama department.
- About Brandon Parrott: Brandon Parrott is the Athletic Director at San Antonio Christian School and has been active in the San Antonio sports community for several years. He is a graduate of Smithson Valley High School and played football at the University of Kansas.
About TSAOG Orthopaedics: Established in 1947, TSAOG Orthopaedics (formerly The San Antonio Orthopaedic Group) provides comprehensive orthopaedic services for San Antonio and surrounding areas. Its 35 specialty trained physicians specialize in diagnosis, treatment, and care for the full range of musculoskeletal disorders.
- About Dr. Clayton Nuelle: Dr. Nuelle is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon, fellowship trained in sports medicine, with TSAOG Orthopaedics. His previous team coverage experience includes the San Antonio Missions and University of Missouri Athletics.
- About Dr. David Espinoza: Dr. Espinoza is a board certified sports medicine primary care physician with TSAOG Orthopaedics. His previous team coverage experience includes Robert Morris University Athletics, the University of Pittsburgh Athletics, and Penn State University-Greater Allegheny Athletics.